CCKW and the delete key

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 21:35:24 PST

Just thought you guys might still be interested in military vehicles. I
finally found a NAPA worth a damn and got the correct manifold gasket for the
CCKW. It's NAPA #MS12146. This does not include the rings that go in the
intake ports for alignment. I made those out of 1.5" exhaust tubing. I cut a
3/8" sliver of tubing and then cut a section out of the tubing to make it
sort of an internal spring that fit snugly in the intake port. Other numbers
in my travels include: valve cover gasket NAPA VS39729, rear wheel seals for
banjo axles CRS 31870, wheel bearing lock washer L2595 (Leland part number,
sorry for the spelling Brits) winch PTO shaft seal CRS 13738, brake light
switch NAPA SL142.

I gotta say I'm bummed at the way the list has been going lately. We haven't
heard from Arthur lately but the last time we did hear from him he was
impressed at the way the list was policing itself. Even so, he still posted
,or reposted, the rules of this list that every one agreed to when they
signed on. I don't think Arthur will be as impressed this time. When I logged
on today there were over 65 messages in my box in less than 24 hours and 98%
of them were bull shit. I don't want to hear about my delete key, I didn't
sign on for delete key practice. This list is for the discussion of the
private ownership of military vehicles and not cutesy banter with "obligatory
military vehicle content" like: I like jeeps. You are welcome to add anything
you want to the end of your MV related message. We've all become very
friendly and not so friendly but this is NOT a social line or a political
line or a computer info line it's a MILITARY VEHICLE MAILING LIST. You can
still say all those things but wait and add them to something pertinent to
the list. I know I'm not alone on this it's been said several times lately
and may be we need to take a more active role in pointing it out.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com