Re: [MV] T34 import

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 01:03:18 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Reay" <david@zundapp.freeserve.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] T34 import

> > Europe is likely better off for private heavy armour although we
shouldn't
> > loose sight of the fact that many items of hugely expensive and
> > painstakingly restored German armour is resident in the US but held as
an
> > investment like an important work of art, they will never see the light
of
> > day or get to be driven on a show-ground for the rest of us to look at.
>
> Thats an intriguing suggestion.
>
> Any evidence to back it up?

Yes there is, however, I cannot publish it for a multitude of cogent
reasons.

As a parallel example from a little way back, we all know that the almost
sum total of surviving and restored staff cars used by the German WWII
leaders resides in a single collection located in Las Vegas, something
around 60 vehicles I believe.

Richard
Southampton - England