Re: [MV] Air leakage in CUCV fuel system

From: M2116X6@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 05:53:19 PST

First off I want to thank everyone who replied with suggestions. Since a
couple of replies were regarding the fuel filter assembly and I suspected
that, I tried something last night. I primed the engine to get it running and
did my errands with it. When I got home I removed the inlet and outlet fuel
hoses from the filter base and connected them together using a vacuum hose
connector to bypass the filter. I restarted it for a minute just to get that
air out of the lines and then shut it off. This morning I went out and tried
to start it. No luck. Still sucking air somewhere. At least this test
eliminated the filter assembly. Next I'll check fuel pump and the injectors.

For anyone interested, Gomers Diesel in Missoula, MT. has the seals in stock
for the Stanadyne filter assembly used on the CUCV. They didn't have a
listing for that filter used on a 1984 Chevy but once I gave them the
Stanadyne part numbers from the CUCV manuals they were able to find them. I
ordered a set just to have them.
Their phone number is 800-823-4444 or e-mail diesel@montana.com
Usual disclaimer applies. I have no connection or affiliation to this
company. Just passing along a good parts source.

Jim

Air infiltrated M1009 CUCV