CUCV 1008's

From: Eugene PANTANO (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 17:35:42 PST

Well as planned, I drove over the Continental Divide to the Western Border
of Colorado and got the two 1008's I was after. One for me and one for my
friend from Texas.
I trailered mine back (it has 12,000 miles on it)..he drove his. We went
through some very bad snow and lost a trailer wheel, but made it in one
piece. That is one heck of a trip and towing a truck heavier than the one
pulling it was fun indeed...I towed it with my Dodge w/Cummins engine on a
dual axle car trailer.
While buying the 1008's, I got to look at the M274A5 MULE there..guys..it
has less than 15 hours on it !! It is for sale..$4600. He also has many
trailers..3 151A2's...a fantastic civilian HUMMER with a sort of maintenance
box on it..like the Army Contact trucks..but was built for a Fire Department
in Colorado.. He has a large International Truck with something like a
38,000 pound load rating..big V8 diesel..flatbed..was a Air Force bomb
truck..only 22,000 miles..like new. The HUMMER wheels he has are the 1 piece
radial wheels..all for sale..
He has HUMMER hoods..I bought the HUMMER winch...very nice..and for sale.
I took pictures of everything but the MULE..(it was buried under a bunch of
blankets)..If you like I can send you some..
He also has a very low mileage (very low) M38 engine and tranny/transfer
case...less than 100 miles..The body was being painted, but looks like it
was stolen..
There is also a complete (complete) hardtop for the M38.
Let me know what you are interested in..I'll have the MULE here around
Christmas and can take pictures...
Gene, Colorado Springs