Hummves & FBI Why rock the boat

From: DANIEL PARMLEY Jr. (ARTILLERYDAN@prodigy.net)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 18:11:08 PST

I do not understand any logic that follows the thought.

"That deal looks to good to be true lets tell on them/him"
or
"That's awful cheep he must be scamming us, lets report him to the
authorities"

Wake up and realize there are deals to be had but if you tell the
wrong/right people or agency that loop hole gets shut.

It is just like the deal with the M151A2 bodies new in the crate a few years
back. Sold at auction. I remember a story of 4 bodies being sold, guy picked
up two, came back for the other two and they would not let him have them.
Supposedly the story goes that a "None winner of the bid" told DRMO that to
sell the bodies was against regulations (another note: it is not illegal for
a DRMO, forest service, local state surplus to sell a vehicle on the demil
list it is only against regulations, this is a whole issue in it self) to
sell, and they better not let him have them. Hence, great problem now
arises, and two bodies go to the crusher. 1 point for the frontal lobe
challenged.

Or lets go with situation #2

You are at a state surplus sale and a hummer comes up for auction. missing
parts, looks crappie, you bid on it and win, $2500.00. Wait, you tell the MV
list of your great deal and how you beat the system. Most gather around you
it great joy as you have the toy of your dream. But wait again.. Mr.
IfIcan'thaveitneitherwillyou received your email. He fires off a email to
DOD, FBI, AMG, and the local Navy Bean Assoc. about this great evil deed.
Now what??? Mr. IfIcan'thaveitneitherwillyou just screwed you over. Now CID,
DOD and men in black flack jackets come to retrieve this great mistake (by
the way they have no warrant, and inform you that you should have informed
the state agency that they were selling an "illegal" vehicle, as they tell
you they are taking the vehicle and by the way we would like to search your
house and maybe have the IRS contact you if you give us any problems) Well
happy day. 2 points for the frontal lobe challenged.

Situation #3

You are at a GSA sale and look an M151A2 it sits there marked as "jeep
1970". Is anyone with any sense of self worth going to tell them they should
not sell that jeep because it is "illegal". If you answer yes to this
question, please move to some foreign communist country where you will be
appreciated for your great thought patterns.

Well I could go on and on with both real and speculative stories along that
line, but should I have to, NO! Police yourself, ask questions, if it looks
or sounds to good to be true look into it. Maybe it is a real deal. You go
rat on the guy, or who ever might be selling the item, now you have nothing
but some sick twisted warmth in your heart that you did the world a favor.
But in reality you could have gotten a Hummer, M151, Gamma Goat or ??? for
$200.00, $6000.00, ???
And yes I am speaking from personal experience with this kind of stupidity.

Dan Parmley Jr.
Tactical Vehicle Depot
2606 W. Minton Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85282