Re: [MV] WAY COOL!!!!

From: Brian Leffler (leffield@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 19:08:50 PST

Ron and Folks,

I got to thinking about the OD bug and I am placing
full blame for the original infection on my mother.
When I was younger (lots) she thought it would be a
good thing if I got into building models. The first
model she bought me to get me hooked was...a Sherman.

I saw these same toys locally and they were sharp and
my wife made similar comments to Ron's. Although she
wants a cannon in the front yard, she just hasn't
grasped the coolness of having the cannon be self
propelled. The local Guard folks told me that they
were phasing out the M109 155mm Self Propelled
Howitzers so maybe there is a miniscule chance. I
mean they have to do something with them right? After
all this is the state where the NG - GAVE AWAY - an
M60 MBT to the winner of a deer season buck pool.

Brian
54 M211 "Notatonka"

On a side note, does any one have any information
about farm tractors acquired by the military? I saw a
picture in a John Deere book of an armored JD Model A.
 I can't think of why they would want these but
curiousity rears its ugly head. JD green is just as
addictive as OD green.

Brian

=====
Two points of Cowboy Wisdom: