A and AA Bolts

From: Eugene PANTANO (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 13:37:31 PST

I had some A and AA bolts listed for sale...They all came from the same
WILLYS Overland box dated 1945. All were nice and black from cosmoline.
Some, the A and AA was very visible. But, most were not marked at all. I
could tell where the "A" was getting very thin on some bolts...and it looked
like the factory had removed them (the A's) sometime during the run these
were made..?!
I have several hundred of these new WO bolts - totally unmarked..still with
the cosmoline. I also have about 100 original WO replacement nuts for the
windshield pivot arm that goes on the bracket on the cowl...these strip out
a lot and were simply welded in place of the old one. They are oblong in
shape. Look at your favorite GPW or MB and you'll see what I mean. Anyone
needing any , give me a off list e-mail..Gene