Re: [MV] Beltring questions

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 15:25:01 PST

As well, I think you'll find most 'charter' flights go into Gatwick. Regularly
scheduled, 'name-brand' flights go into Heathrow. Even if you don't wish to
lease a car, there is a direct rail link between Gatwick and the nearby village
(Tunbridge Wells, IIRC) servicing the Beltring site.

Regards accomodations, the best way (IMHO) to EXPERIENCE Beltring is to camp. If
that's not your style, no problem, but you'd best book local accomodation ASAP.
It will go quickly. See http://www.warandpeace.uk.com for organizational and
administrative information.

Re Doug's post (hey Doug, congrats on joining the world again!), I agree that
there are a pool of us 'Beltringites' here who can provide answers to just about
any questions you might have. Please ask away. If some of the others on the list
become annoyed, then feel free to email any of us offline, and we'll be happy to
do our best for you. In the meantime, drop by at Andreas' Beltring guide at
http://www.kettenkrad.de/beltframe.htm. His comments and links to our own
various commentaries are available there.

Hope you can make it! You'll never see anything like it elsewhere... :-)

Geoff Winnington-Ball
MAPLE LEAF UP