5 ton and 2.5 ton truck questions??

From: Temp Davis (tempdavis@mail3.newnanutilities.org)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 18:22:19 PST

1) Power steering
Does anybody know if the power steering on 5 ton can be converted over to the 2.5 ton.?
I know about the air assist units available for about $1100 but my mechanic thinks hydralic is better so I thought I would ask the experts.

2) Air assist power steering units
Does anybody have experience with the air assist units? Do they work well and hold up good?

3) Locking hubs
The same people that make the air assist ps make locking hubs for the duece. Anybody know how significant the benefits are with those?

3) Chains
Does anybody have experience with chains on these trucks?
Do they really help in mud?
Are they easy to put on and take off? Time?

4) Engines 5 ton
Which is best?
Multifuel Continental
Mack
Detroit

5) What is the number for the 5 ton cargo truck ...M-???

Thanks for your wisdom and experience!!
Temp