Thanks for all the PTO suggestions.

From: Temp Davis (tempdavis@mail3.newnanutilities.org)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 18:05:14 PST

Thanks for all the PTO suggestions.

I currently have a civy chevy with a hydralic pump bolted directly to the PTO on the tranny. We have a 16 foot dump bed and a 3500 lbs knuckle boom log loader and a 20,000 lbs hydralic winch. The hyd pump handles everything.

My partner and I have a tree service. We feel these big military vehicles will make good trucks for our business. We plan to buy a 5 ton and put a 18 foot dump bed and a 20 Husky Brute knuckle boom log loader on it. The pump for the loader is now run by an old 4 cylinder Detroit diesel. It is a large 2 stage pump. I imagine it needs to be connected to the rear of the transfer case. I don't know what rpm this point would provide nor exactly what the pump needs.

We want a 2.5 as well. It will only have a chip dump with man cab on it like you have seen on the Asplundh trucks. The electric pump would be good for this application but, I don't know if the electric 24 volt pump would be possible to find.
It sounds like the dual PTO would be the way I might have to go.
Thanks for the help!