Re: [MV] MAN 4X4's + MLVW'S

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 18:03:20 PST

www.wheeldog.net - Universal's 'Balto' website and more
From: "marc" <veinotte@home.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 9:00 PM
Subject: [MV] MAN 4X4's + MLVW'S

> Anyone have any good information or web sights I can get my hands on
> or look at regarding MAN 4x4's.
>
> I found one today by accident, you know always rubber necking around
> to see in commercial lots, back yards etc. And there it was, I am unsure
> of the year, but it is boxy, 4x4, looks like two drop side cargo beds
> one after the other, soft cab MAN military unit of some kind.
> I am sure it is of Euro origin and the tires looked around 14.00r20.
> Just not sure why it is here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.(unless we
> used it for something at one point???)

We've one of the 1960's variety in the movie fleet, pretty much as
described. It's diesel, dropsides and just about the biggest 4x4
configuration I've ever seen. I think we have a picture of it on our
website at www.internationalmovie.com. It usually gets to play foreign
military - generally aging Eastern Bloc - and went out last on the TV series
"Secret Agent Man' along with a couple of DKW Mungas.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.