Stenciling the military registration number

From: Sparky (cparkinson@wwdc.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 19:26:09 PST

Hi

I found a "Stencil" font on the internet that will duplicate the
stenciling of the 40's.

Question is, how high are the letters that were used say for an M38?.
If you print on artist's vistafoil, you can cut the letters out on a
light table. It has a light tackiness for applying to your favorite mv
without hurting the paint finish. The air brush artists where I used to
work would use it to lay up what they wanted to airbrush. This stuff
will not leave a mark. I have not tried it with military paint so I
cannot vouch for how it works. I do plan to give it a go in the spring
when it gets warm enough to paint here in Ontario Canada. I have played
with several type sizes but think they are too big. Any help would be
most welcome. If you want a copy of the "stencil" font drop me a line
and I will send it to you.

Craig Parkinson

M38 CDN

52 31847
Sept. 19 1952
under restoration with the wrong engine :o(