Re: [MV] Do you play with it?

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 21:40:53 PST

Let's see...Saturday I changed the oil in the M1009. I got it in May and have
already put 3000 miles on it. I used it Sunday to tow the '42 BSA M20 to a
show. Dad brought his M151A2. Started up the M20 for the first time in a
while and smoked up the place. My brother and I rode it around the
neighborhood to clear it out. I'll pick up my second deuce in about two
weeks. Next weekend a couple of us are going to pick up a drop deck trailer
with the XM818 tractor (150 miles with no load, where's my kidney belt!).

That's just a couple of weekends. I suppose the ultimate example of a bunch of
people playing with it was the time we went desert camping with three deuces,
two M1009's, a Gama Goat, a Mule, an M114A1 armored recon vehicle, an M422
Mighty Mite, an M37, the five ton tractor and a flat bed trailer. We found the
flat bed makes a great community porch when you back all the deuces up to it.
Some guy brought a generator so his wife could play her electric organ. That
was a fun trip.

Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA