Re: [MV] Do you play with it?

From: Stephen Flynn (FLYNN1955@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 22:59:59 PST

Why yes I do,also I like to get my MV out and run around.This summer was
great,hot and sunny makes for good running weather.No top and the warm
air blowing around my face (no helmet law yet )Got the Dodge WC51 out
every chance I could.I was working Downtown in an urban renewal
project.Use to be Burlington Northern Rail yards,now Yuppie city with a
big smattering of bigger money.We put up a 7 story as well as 3 other
buildings of good size.Our staging yard was a full city block amongst
this lot.Parking was tuff,but the Dodge always got to park up
front!!!The guys loved it,lunch time they piled in back and off through
the construction mess we went!One Sunday(was a life consuming job)had
the back full of painters,looked like the navy was in.We let out into
the neighboring area,down one way streets the wrong way ,beeping the
horn and momentarily getting lost.Wish I had taken some photos,war horse
in the city.Like to see a valet at a POSH hotel park this rig. A guy has
a black Hummer down there, parked next to mine a few times,mine got the
looks.It always gets called a Jeep or Hummer. The best fun though was
taking my Mum out,she is 74.She sat regally, hands in her lap,chin up
and off we went.See they wouldn't let her ride in a Jeep during the
war,that is what she wanted then. However the yanks from the near by Air
Base would send a Gimmy over to her's and pick up the WRAAF's come dance
night. Boy did we go down memory lane,but I don't wanna know the whole
story,I'm here what does that say.Yes some days I thought it was a real
@*%!*!!^,when it refused to run.Some of the ''fun'' was over coming
these glitches (pain in the arse).I'd like to thank those who e-mailed
me the ''try this..',certainly helped me along!'The gal across the
street was always hitting me up for rides,OD Babe magnet?Met a new
friend as he saw me heading home.He has the WC54,and lives
close,spending hours talking is all part of the fun .Watching the shy
Mexican girls at the Burger drive in window laugh thruogh cupped hands
was a chuckle.Of course gave lots a friends rides and cemented relations
with the neighbors.Yes I have neighbors who like my truck! Most
reactions ,astonishment, ''what kinda Jeep is that?''and''where ya git
it?''Bouncing around with roaming steering, at great speeds of 44,double
clutching when successful,wind rushing past my ears ,you bet I play with
it!!!!!
Wish the list allowed jokes,this is a good topic.Anyway it is in the
garage waiting to be turned into a temporary moving van.Off to a new
house,soon enough the WC51 will have some new stuff itself.What else
besides play could I do with it? Life is to short for a serious
hobby.....drive on OD convertible !

Steve
WC51