Re: [MV] The US military is in big trouble!!!! HMMWV from hell...

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 18:47:32 PST

www.wheeldog.net - Universal's 'Balto' website and more
From: "DANIEL PARMLEY Jr." <ARTILLERYDAN@prodigy.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] The US military is in big trouble!!!! HMMWV from hell...

> A little different line but I remember a CUCV I got 5 years ago or so.
> Originally came from Port Phyneme, CA

Pt. Hueneme or similar, I think.

> during this thought) fork lift driver at the DRMO did his best . LEFT side
> two creases from the forks. RIGHT side four creases (you could tell the
> first time he tried to pick it up he was to far back, heavy in the front)
> back up and ram the truck again. Wow now four creases on the right side.
> Literally this truck was dentless, other than this and ran perfect.

My 1009 was virtually perfect until some neophyte forklift driver on his
first day of DRMO employment decided to try and find a spot to pick it up
near the back, thereby instantly puncturing the fuel tank which still had
some 20 gallons of diesel left in it courtesy of the ORARNG. To make
matters worse, this happened overtop of a section of macadam laid literally
the day before, making one unholy mess for the hazmat gang - and one of the
shortest DRMO careers in recorded history for the hapless forklift operator.

We still pick up CUCV family vehicles down in DRMO Lewis with numerous
heinous dents due to careless or couldn't-care-less stevedoring; and we've
even coined a phrase to describe it when taking notes for vehicles on
preview: "forklift demolition-derby".

Every time it's been brought to the attention of the yard gang, the answer
is a brief wordless shrug and a quick trot back to the coffee hut before the
next round of Smash'Em-Up Derby. Glad it ain't my tax dollars, folks.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.