Re: [MV] The US military is in big trouble!!!! HMMWV from hell...

From: Dennis O'Connor (oconnor01@snet.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 08:49:00 PST

>>If the military vehicles are this sad, I'd hate to be a military pilot....
>>Lisa
One thought for pilots though is that they can refuse to fly if the aircraft
is unsafe.

> We had a cure for that in the Navy..
> Bob B

Same cure used to apply at Sikorsky, the helicopter manufacturer. Everybody
down to riveters took better care in their creation of their unique MVs,
some of which are now historic. New engineers also served time in the shop
to understand what things were before being allowed to do design. Too bad
neither of these programs are still in effect. What kept our piece of the
plant at top quality level was one of our team had a son in the US Army. He
made sure everyone knew and asked us to do our best because his kid had to
actually use our products. Lent a personal touch that made a difference...
the best modern equivalent I suppose; I'd prefer the flying.

Dennis O'Connor