Re: [MV] Deuce shelters/Shop vans

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 21:34:11 PST

Just for the list's info Hank loaned me his M109A3 for Field Day <Ham radio
ops setup in the field and operate for 24 hours straight to demonstrate
emergency communications capability> and I used it to good advantage. No
tent to setup!! After field day I had to return a generator from Derry to
Goffstown NH, not a far distance by any means maybe 35 miles roundtrip with
a passenger who happens to be full-time NH National Guard Commo section. He
has the required checkout Military license for an M-35A2 and was absolutely
flabbergasted at the condition of the truck. He had never driven a deuce in
over 8 years active duty and been able to drive in a straight line without
chasing the steering wheel all over the place. I found if I moved the
steering wheel as little as a 1/4 inch to the left or right that's where the
truck went. Tight as a rock just like they should be. Joe Young? When I
finally convince the Wife <errrr wear down maybe?> that I really want a
deuce you will see me.

Dreaming bout Deuces

James Shanks
The Line Below is my Ham Radio Callsign
n1vbn@bit-net.com
The line below is my Ham Radio Packet Address
N1VBN @ WB1DSW.NH.USA.NOAM