Thief???

From: CERANTHIA@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 03:24:55 PST

  Hey all, approx a year ago a friend of mine sent $350.00 to a guy in Plano
Texas as a down payment on a 1942 Willys MB. It was 10% of the cost of the
vehicle. He is retired Army and was going to Texas to visit family,and pick
up the jeep in person. When he arrived in Plano he found that there was no
such address and no such business in the town. He contacted the police and
found that they had several other reports from people concerning the jeep and
the business. He is now up in Maine and I can't seem to get a hold of him.
Could anyone having any info on the"thieves" in question please post on the
list,I believe he is still monitoring the list from his retirement home/cabin
in Maine. Any help would be greatly appreciated,he is not a rich man,but he
is a good friend who served his country for 25 years.

Mike in Plymouth
MVPA# 20487
1969-70 Kaiser/Jeep M-35A2C