RE: [MV] 5 ton gas motor

From: buzz@toast.net
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 05:28:32 PST

The carb is small to efficiently atomize the fuel at low engine
speeds, where this motor was designed to run. Since it isn't
designed to run fast it doesn't need lots of air.

The gas motors came first. The diesels came later if I recall
correctly.

The 10 ton's had a really cool gas moter with 844 CUIN displacement!
 What a monster!

-=-