Re: [MV] Looking for HMMWV throttle pedal

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 08:47:12 PST

Greg Carter <greg.carter@entrust.com> wrote:
> Is the throttle used in the military HUMVEE the same as the one used in the
> Hummer? By throttle I mean the actual foot pedal. The civilian Hummer uses
> a 'drive by wire' setup where the throttle foot pedal position is sensed
> then fed back to the engine management computer.
> Anyway I am looking for a source for the pedal with sensor.

The early military HMMWVs like my 1986 M998 have the other kind of
"drive by wire", where the pedal is connected to one end of a piece of
wire, and the other end is connected to the throttle linkage on the
injection pump. :-) In other words, it's a simple mechanical linkage.
There's no computer, and there's no sensor. The injection pump is
mechanical, and the only electrical requirements to keep the engine
running are the fuel cut-off solenoid and the cold advance solenoid.
Even the fuel lift pump is mechanical in the military HMMWV.

I don't know if the pedal itself is the same. I can't comment on later
military HMMWVs.

I hope this answers part of your question!

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/