Sticking Float

From: Sean Bathrick (Bathrick@nachem.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 09:52:29 PST

I am having a problem with the float in my M38A1 sticking. I took the
vent line out of the vent system and put a piece of fuel line on it and
ran it down to the bottom of the tub. There was one instance before
when it filled up the distributor housing. That was when I initiated
the field expedient. Not a pleasant feeling thinking of all that gas in
the distributor. When I notice it starting to spurt, I tap the carb and
it stops. I want to fix it though. I rebuilt the carb recently and
that didn't help the problem, although it runs much better than it did.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sean

MVPA 14222
53 M38A1