'52 M38A1 for sale in Klamazoo, MI

From: mark fisher (fishmeok@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 16:47:31 PST

It's a '52 M38A1 and as far as I can tell it has about 4K on the odometer.
$3500 OBO (I really mean the OBO part) Located in Kalamazoo, MI.
It was owned by a local city or some such and then puchased and kept in a
garage for twenty plus years. I bought it from a friend of mine and am going
to have to sell it with many regrets.
it is basically original but the city cut out the tailgate at some point. I
replaced it (bolted in) with a panel removed from another M38A1 that was
turned into a 105MM recoilless rig. It has an original winter canvas top and
I bought NOS bows, hardware, and a back seat with cushions ($450 dollars
worth of stuff) as well as a jerry can holder and a spare tire mount. The
only part missing is the air cleaner- it has a little paper filter sitting
on top of the carb. I have changed all the fluids and rebuilt the carb and
put an electric pump on it, and it has new wheel cylinders with synthetic
fluid. The body is pretty good, but it has dents and some channel rust under
the pax seat toolbox. The wiring harness is shot and the front main seal
leaks, but other than that it runs and drives like a top.
I can email pictures if interested
fishemeok@worldnet.att.net
Cheers
Mark