RE: [MV] cold weather multifuel starts

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 08:12:32 PST

Don't have a TM in front of me, but I seem to recall that the idea is to
hold the heater switch in the on position for a few seconds, while cranking
the engine. There is a spark plug on the intake manifold that is supposed to
ignite the spray of fuel that is created when the heater switch is in the on
position. This burning fuel is supposed to be drawn into the engine, to warm
up the cylinders and help the fuel supplied by the injectors ignite. Someone
correct me, if I'm wrong.

PS: There should be a small instruction plate behind the heater switch.

John