Re: [MV] MB Chain Oiling.

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 10:38:37 PST

Ted
I eliminated the hex head oiler all together in my M38 engine. I felt that the oil coming from the oil filter was more than enough. My engine had a #4 rod bearing failure when I bought the MB. If I had known about the tech note, I would have put in the .015 holes. I have over 1000 miles on it since the rebuild with no problem. I am curious what the restrictor diameter is in the oil filter.

Dave Fillman
45 MB