Save a BIG MV: USS Cabot (CVL-28)

From: Dean L. Kellogg, Jr (kelloggd@uthscsa.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 09:03:32 PST

Esteemed listees,

A few days ago I received my USS Lexington Museum newsletter and in it was
a discussion about trying to save the only remaining CVL from WW2. The
ship is the USS Cabot. It has been kicked around and finally ended up in
Brownsville Texas where it was sold to a scrapper. They intend to take it
to Mexico and give it the ultimate demilling, but the Cabot Vet Association
managed to get this put off. They are now trying to raise enough money to
save the ship....the last of her class. Here is the Save the Cabot site
for those who are interested.

http://www.ironwoman.org/

keep 'em floating!

Dean L. Kellogg, Jr., MD, PhD
Department of Medicine
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
(210) 617-5311 FAX (210) 617-5312 e-mail:kelloggd@uthscsa.edu