Re: [MV] Save a BIG MV: USS Cabot (CVL-28)

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 09:16:44 PST

Dr. Kellog,

I am reliably informed via an American friend with an interest in this venture
that the Foundation was unable to raise the necessary $200K, and that, effective
30 November, the U.S.S. Cabot was in the process of being scrapped. The Cabot's
website says nothing of this at present, and if there is any information extant
which would contradict my friend's information, we would both be glad to know.

To scrap such a ship is morally criminal.

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://www.mapleleafup.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment http://www.1cacr.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~