M35 electrical question

From: k, d, j, m, & a miller (thisoldhouse@libcom.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 15:25:34 PST

hi.
I apologize up front for possibly bringing up a
past question but...

I lost electrical power to the gauges, heater blower,
fuel pump, and low air warning buzzer. I still have
power to the lights, including the gauge lights. Did
I blow the fuse in the fuel tank? If so, can somebody
type out a set of directions on how to replace it?

This all came about because I wanted to add lights to
the truck. I mounted lights to the end of the windshield
frame pivot bolts. I bought self locking nuts that will
screw onto the end of the pivot bolts. I can tighten
them up against the "wing" nuts that hold the frame.
Welded at 90 degree angle to these nuts are the nuts
that hold the shaft for the lights. Pretty slick. No holes
drilled or body mods needed. On wiring these up to the
toggle switch under the dash, I must have bumped a wire
and shorted out the circuit. Hence the above problem.
I am wiring the toggle switch for the lights up to the hot
wire that goes into the heater blower switch.

As an aside, these are 12 volt lights. I wired the ground
of the first light to the "hot in" of the second light. The
second light is then grounded to chassis. I checked on
a volt meter and both lights are receiving about 12 volts.

Now I want to add lights on the rear of the truck so I
can see backing up the driveway at night. Right now, I
either ride the brake slightly or put on the left turn signal
so I can see!

Thanks,
kurt