Re: [MV] USS CABOT---it MAY BE (?) too late!

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 17:47:35 PST

>Is it really to naive to suggest that one of the ways your newly-declared
>president-elect could foster good faith would be to order that obscene
>destruction halted? I would hope that words whispered in the right ears, and
>emails sent to the right source, might catch the attention of someone able to
>pass along these thoughts. Who can help?

Rumor has it that our, that is the state of Wisconsin, governor Tommy
Thompson (R) is being concidered for secretary of transportation. Now I do
believe that the NHTSA nazis are under DOT, correct? But on the realistic
side, I don't think your going to be able to get the mutilation (demilling)
insanity stopped. None of use have enough money to pay off, oops I mean
lobby, the right people to get it done. But.... if someone was to actually
get a serious effort off the ground, I'd chip in.

je