Re: [MV] Damned dangerous things...

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 13:21:47 PST

I support and applaud what you did

HOWEVER

I am sorry to say that in Tennessee you probably would have had vehicle
impounded and had to spend dollars with lawyer to get it back. Plus you
would have received several tickets.

Under Tenn. law if is public road - you cannot make recovery without
presence of law enforcement officer of some kind. ( and I think even then
you have to be tow truck operator with valid tow permits)

I know of one case where recovery was made from field adjacent to accident
scene and ticket was still issued.

Justification in this case was that vehicle had hit concrete post that
designates right of way and had broken post. Driver was liable for repair

This is not to say that --good old boys-- do not do this.

Everette

>From my cold dead hands

___