Re: [MV] Ferrets are now gold plated

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@ruralnet.net.au)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 17:39:38 PST

Geoff

> 's'all right, Doug, don't panic. I follow Ebay periodically, and many, many
> idiots post idiotic things for idiotic prices there, without nary a bid. Their
> ignorance can be infuriorating, though.

Where it becomes a problem is word gets around that "Xs" are now
selling for US$Zillion and it attracts those outside the hobby (plus
some in the hobby) who want to profiteer. Then when a collector fronts
up to buy something he discovers the prices have gone way high. Granted
there may be no sales. I can sight one particular case out here where
a widow wants big dollars for a Centurion and a Ferret and has done
for the last 6 or so years. She may get her asking price one day, but
it will be when inflation has caught up to the figure she was
originally told.
In the mean time the vehicles sit out in the weather.

Regards
Doug