Re: [MV] Late MB Front Springs REBUTTAL

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 09:05:43 PST

    It appears that apologies for my post MAY be in order to RAM, since it
appears that my server is not sending all messages through to me. I reread
the whole thread that is on my machine and do not find the msg which caused
RAM's comments, upon which my reply is based. RAM is right, if you have
manuals, use them. If you don't, that's what PS magazine was created for ,
and by extension, this list. I also would take a dim view of a " manuals
S***" statement, but did not see that msg. I have all messages on the list
that I have received going back to 7/22/99 on my main machine, since I find
it easier to search for info that way, versus going to the archives.
    In regards to Mr. O'Connors list enforcement missive... sorry old chap,
but cram it. If a legitimate question is posted by a poster and a
"regular" ( or ANY ) member of the list goes on the attack for no apparent
reason and you stand by scuffing the ground with the toe of your boot with
your hands in your pocket , then the list drops into anarchy. With Arthur
being tied up, there is no clear control of rudeness on the list. Sometimes
a member needs to be yanked by the scruff of the neck to realize they aren't
playing "nice".
    Regarding the "Weaving Threads" post... DeBeers is wrong, diamonds
aren't for ever, email is. Yes, history is based on the archives when read
in the future, and while a minor speed bump in day to day life of the list,
it can be compared to the "I stood by when they came for (fill in the blank)
and did nothing " story. I was taught by my family that you don't stand by
and watch a mugging in process, cause inaction only encourages more
muggings. This country (USA) was built on the principle that you step up to
the plate to do what's right knowing, without looking, there is a line
forming behind you to take your place if you go down swinging because
civilization is a team effort . Since the cop on the beat seems to be tied
up elsewhere, it is up to the citizenry to patrol the streets, as would
happen in any natural disaster until the public safety folks get things back
under control.
        It would be a sad day for us all to see this list slide into a
moderated form because we didn't care to speak up when things first started
to slide off center.
           My local MV club held it's X-mas party yesterday and RAM's
posting came up and all were perplexed by his reply. He is well known by
many of the clubs members and NO ONE had anything bad to say about him. So
go figure.
     I speak up so strongly because when Arthur asked for monetary support
for the list, many of us stepped up and sent in money to keep this list
operating. It was a very small percentage of the then list users, and even
smaller when compared to current numbers. So as a "taxpayer" who paid to
maintain the roads the tourists use, I WILL put forth MY opinion. And yes,
like rectal orifices, everyone has one. If you have heartburn from mine,
hit "DELETE" or send Arthur a C note and buy out my share. I have yet to use
any of the disc space on "OUR SERVER" my contribution entitles me to since
I haven't a clue what to do with it. I gotta start sobering up before I
start opening this folder.

                                    An unrepentant, Ron