CUCV charging woes NO MORE!!

From: SteelSoldiers (steelsoldiers@steelsoldiers.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 18:08:43 PST

Hi everyone,
Just a quick update for y'all. Following list advice, I put the wire from
the ground on the #2 alt. to the (-) post on the back battery and it's
charging great! The voltmeter problem was just a busted fuse. Phewww. My
CUCV has been charging without that wire for the past five years and all of
a sudden it just quit. When I was checking the dash, my multimeter was
showing 24 volts at the #2 alt. trouble light. After I put the new wire on
there it dropped down to twelve and everything started working again.
Thanks again for all the helpful responses. Happy Holidays to all.
Sincerely,
Chris Stansbury
Memphis, TN
webmaster, www.steelsoldiers.com