Re: [MV] M35A2 Primary fuel filter.

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 22:34:42 PST

Rikk Rogers <rkltd@swbell.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know the real world cross for the primary ( both filter &
> gasket) for the M35A2?

I assume that you're referring to the filter mounted near the front of
the right frame rail, not the filters on the left rear of the engine.

No, I don't have a cross reference number, but I got a couple NOS ones
from Owens Export (http://www.owens-export.com/) a while back. I had
ordered a replacement from Memphis, but the one they sent me was
incorrect. The end caps weren't designed to properly center the
element in the type of filter body used in the deuce. Like the
secondary filters I got from them, it was a case of "fits in the can,
they've been selling them for 50 years, but they still ain't the right
filters." I did manage to adapt the secondary filters I got from them;
the problem was in the way the end gaskets were mounted, and I made
some add-on gaskets to solve the problem. There was a thread on this
on the list quite a while ago, long before you joined the list. I have
some pictures of some of the right and wrong filters on my
cross-reference list on my web page (but I haven't updated the notes
there to describe how I adapted the "wrong" secondary fuel filters):

    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/m44xref/m44xref.html

The NOS primary filter did not include new gaskets, so I had to make
them.

I hope this helps!

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/