Re: [MV] HMMWV Heater hose WTB

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 08:27:03 PST

"Buzzard" <buzz@toast.net> wrote:
> Drier vent hose works great.

That might work for the larger hose. However, there are also two
smaller sizes of hose used in the HMMWV's heater system.
Apperently-exact replacements for the larger two sizes are available
at Pep Boys (and probably other auto parts stores, too), assuming that
the hoses that the USMC put in my HMMWV are "correct" and they didn't
shop at Pep Boys, too. :-) I didn't see the smaller size that's buried
insider the dash there, though.

I used some dryer hose in my deuce as a temporary fix, until I found a
complete NOS heater kit. It was ugly, but it did the job, and it was
cheap.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/