Re: [MV] Away All Boats

From: ET Lance-Gómez (etlance@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 18:59:54 PST

I can second this as I just happen to be rereading AAB now. It is certainly not a book meant as juvenile fiction as another lister
mistakenly wrote. Its accounts of battle casualties, death, sex, personal hygiene of certain crew members, and psychological issues makes
it an adult read.

It is an excellent account of combat loading and unloading of an APA and its boats (LSTs). It makes me realize that Clancy, Herman,
Griffith, etc did not invent this genre, rather they assumed the mantle of Ken Dodson.

If nothing else, read it to learn about a very large military vehicle.
TED