Re: [MV] USS CABOT---it MAY BE (?) too late!

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 11:15:14 PST

Trying to save old ships is a very monumental task I work
with the Cassin Young a WW II Fletcher class destroyer and
there is a full time crew of volunteers to keep up with the
restoration and maintence. And shes just a can imagine the
work load and funding to go into even a jeep carrier ...

Its the same all over its a mortal sin for these war heroes
to go to a scrappers fate but there are fewer and fewer people
and cash to go round to support these projects each year..

Last I heard the crew down in Quincy Mass is in trouble trying
to keep up with the manpower and funding efforts to keep the
cruiser USS Salem .. None of us wants to see there grand old
ladys go to waste but there are not enough people nor money
to stop it from happening and the goverment cares less about
preserving any of them..

                                 Bob B