Re: [MV] USS CABOT---it MAY BE (?) too late!

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 05:52:37 PST

In a message dated 12/22/00 2:20:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
rbarber41@hotmail.com writes:

<< None of us wants to see there grand old
 ladys go to waste but there are not enough people nor money
 to stop it from happening >>

Yep, the problem is lack of interest. People will pay money for what they
are interested in/care about. I remember here while back a baseball card
sold for well over the amount of money needed to save the Cabot. What about
the various baseballs Mark McGuire hit and the prices they fetched. This
country has made anything military so un-politically correct that our
military history is being extinguished or labelled militia. The more groups
like ours can do to foster a positve public image of our military history,
and garner new younger interested members the more likely we will be to save
things like this.
My .02,
David Doyle