Listing your property may cause you trouble

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 20:03:53 PST

Fellow listers,
I may be a little paranoid, but listing your property at the end of a post may be
an invitation for theft or confiscation. I know we are all proud of our
restorations but we don't know who is monitoring these mailing lists and you might
just be creating a shopping list for someone.
Consider this:
A friend of mine took a late model military radio to a gun show for display only.
The next day the FBI showed up at his house and confiscated it. I won't go into
the detail,s but it was a year or so and thousands of dollars in legal costs to
get the radio returned.
Just a thought.
Regards,
Buzz