A Major Breakthrough

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Dec 24 2000 - 18:57:05 PST

I got what I wanted for Christmas, did you? (Merry Christmas!)
My 1939 Ford Panel saw military service as:
115th Quartermaster (Regiment?) Ammunition
(Brigade?)" There it is! No more guessing or
flights of fancy!
I can't express how thankful I am for all the
great help and support I've gotten on this list!
Lots and lots and lots of great and logical ideas!
My next step is to track down where this unit was throughout the 40's
and perhaps find an old photo of this very-easily recognizable old
vehicle.
Another burning question is if it started out as a
State Of California vehicle THEN a 115th QM
truck or vice-versa? Mr. Nelson Dionne reminds me of the atmosphere in
California
just after Pearl Harbor and that this truck may have been "borrowed'
from the state since a
Japanese invasion was imminent.
At any rate, IT WAS BOTH Cal State AND 115th QM, just don't know in
which order!
Can I tell by the shades of OD Green? It has
a darker shade OD (w/gloss?) and then a lighter shade OD (no gloss).
It's against this
later OD that the 3" wide yellow stripes seem to
appear. Finally a medium green coat of paint
that comes off with your hand!
Does "TB766" finally have any meaning with
respect to Cal State or 115th QM?
Can anyone tell me what kinds of equipment
(generators, winches, air compressors, etc)
that a vehicle that was handling live ammo would have? What got tucked
away in the two
long metal boxes on the floor? They measure
about 5"hX16"w by 4 and 5 feet respectively.
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Don Kenyon