Load Bearing Equipment - Sling

From: Gray, Chris (Chris.Gray@fmr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 10:32:36 PST

I know its a little off topic, but I recently bought some straps, they are
stamped with UNIVERSIAL, SLING INDIVIDUAL LOAD BEARING , they will extend
to about 6ft, have a snap hook on one end, a couple d rings, and some other
sliders, or spacers along the strap. Can anyone tell me what these
are/were used for. I know you can use them for many applications in the
field.. But what are the spacers / sliders for? Does anyone know of a
specific use for these?

Thanks
Chris
chris.gray@fmr.com