Re: [MV] WANTED: Military Tail Light Pair (M416) and Trailer Connection

From: James Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 12:13:49 PST

On my 416, I switched from the small round mil. lights to the larger composite lights
used on my 416A1 and I changed the marker and brake lamps from 24v. bulbs to 12v. bulbs.
Note that I also put a piece of yellow electrical tape around the big plug at the end
of the intervehicle cable and it is marked 12v. So I will then know that the lamps are
12v. and not to plug it into any vehicle with only 24v.without changing the bulbs first.
So if you use the composite lights , you can keep that nice military appearence and
with the 12v. bulbs you don't give up any visibility when lights are needed which is
always.
Jim Wiehe , VA3JHW
mail to : j.wiehe@sympatico.ca