working on G749 (M135/211) Article some CCKW

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 08:28:56 PST

Fellow list members,
I am working on an article about the GMC G-749 "Hydramatic" 6x6 trucks. I
have already located 70 or so previously unpublished photos relating to the
production of these trucks and wish to build on this.
I am seeking any input (which I will gladly credit) regarding these vehicles,
their development, production and deployment. While any information is
useful and appreciated there are a few things I am specifically seeking.
They are:

An original (or photocopy) of General Motors Truck and Coach "Factory News,"
April 18. 1952.

Photos (especially interior) GM Truck and Coach Plant 3 (Pontiac, MI) during
WWII.

The last delivery date and or serial number of these trucks. FYI, number 1
was September 13, 1951.

Contact information on a Mr. Colt Denfield, who wrote an article for issue 10
of the MVPA's "Army Motors."

My information regarding the Canadian production of these vehicles is
especially weak, so any help at all in this area is especially appreciated.

Sincerely,
David Doyle