Ridgeway's jeep

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 09:16:16 PST

Esteemed Jeep knowledgeable listers

Help wanted

I got a set of videos on Korean war as a present and just watched that last
one. There are several shots of what I take to be Ridgeway's personal
jeep - has plate with 4 stars on right front bumper. This jeep has been
modified quite a bit as I would expect motor pool to do for General. Among
things I notices were extensions on front fenders that slope down so mud it
not being slung forward, and long mud flaps on back for same purpose. I
have seen these on other pictures of jeeps, but,.this one has something
never saw before - a bar welded onto cowling outside of drives side
windshield for support when standing up. It also appears to be painted with
glossy OD. - is black and white movie but does have shine to it-

Question -- anyone ever restored a jeep to this configuration or seen one
that someone else did.

I have been considering doing an M37 as general officers personal vehicle --
any thoughts

Might even put a set of horns like General Patton had on his command car.

Everette