MB paint

From: Charles@Pelkey.com
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 16:38:08 PST

I have a quick Paint question too:

I own an early Slat Grill Willys MB.
I am making progress toward its complete restoration, but am not inclined to redo it in Olive Drab. I was thinking about redoing the paint in desert camo--these early MBs were part of lend-lease and it's not too much of a stretch to see this turned into an SAS Jeep. My problem is that I don't know where to find the exact color, nor do I know what color I should paint the frame and the bolt ons, like handles, etc.
I would also like to see examples of stencils used at the time.
Thanks,
Charles Pelkey
Golden, CO