Re: [MV] PISTON RINGS Jeeps, MB's

From: Dave Reed (dave.reed@dol.net)
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 16:34:29 PST

Hi Rob-
It sounds like the Willys used an older design cast iron oil ring with
an expander behind the ring. The expanders raise the friction and
wear the rings out faster. A newer design more open cast oil ring
should last longer than the old ones especially if it doesn't have an
expander. For even more life get a 3 piece Hastings Flex Vent oil
ring which should last the life of the overhaul job. I can supply
these at reasonable cost. I can supply piston rings for any MV
application.
Thanks,
Dave Reed, Otto Gas Engine Works, Elkton MD
http://www.pistonrings.net