Fuel Lines on M35A2

From: Verne J. Valentine (thebear@seanet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 16:38:08 PST

New Year's Eve was spent in the M35A2 (Theodore) taking a huge load to the
dump. Shortly after leaving home we discovered a broken fuel line was
splashing diesel all over the engine compartment. We spliced it together
and continued on with no further problems.

I never realized that the fuel line was a piece of plastic tubing. This
huge, tough, truck has a plastic fuel line? Is this really original
equipment and what prevents me from removing this junk and replacing with
copper lines? It appears to be 1/4" OD plastic with 1/8" ID.

What is your expert opinion?

Verne Valentine
M35A2 1970 Kaiser Jeep (Theodore Roosevelt)
MVPA 20863