Re: [MV] paint

From: lou (lou@frontier.net)
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 19:41:41 PST

From: "Chris Hass" <cjhass@midusa.net>
> Question: Looks like the original color was Olive Drab,
> Am I right?
>
> By the way, I am damn proud to join your ranks.

Welcome aboard Chris. I found traces of the original OD on my M38 (Willys
MC 24832 delivered 6-51) in several hidden places. The best sample was
inside the glove box. I matched that in a local paint store to a semi-gloss
made today by aervoe. Although the samples matched, sprayed large (only the
frame is painted so far) it isn't quite the same. Still it'll do. Good
enough for government work, as they say.

Lou