RE: Moonligt Motor Pool

From: Jim Allen (jimallen@onlinecol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 08:32:53 PST

When I was stationed at Ft Eustis, CID caught a warrant officer that had
stolen several million dollars (early '70s dollars) worth of construction
equipment. He would load up a 'dozer onto a lowboy, for example, drive
off-post, offload the unit and drive back with the empty lowboy. He'd been
doing it for years and was selling most of it to loggers in the Southeast.
As I recall, they caught him with several big 'dozers and some RTs (rough
terrain forklifts). Bold as brass! He may still be in prison!

    Jim Allen