Re: [MV] Book: INDESTRUCTIBLE JEEP

From: Steve Malikoff (MIL-VEH account) (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 14:48:33 PST

> teaching my friends at work about the ol' GPW has finally paid off!
> One of them found an old book called "Indestructible Jeep". A ballantine
> book from 1973 by D Denfeld and M Fry... neat book with all kinds of great
> photos of jeeps and its creators... was wondering is this a fairly valuable
> book or is it easy to come by? just had not seen it before and haven't had
> a chance to read it yet... it looks like the predecessor to the AAW books...
> any info appreciated

Jess,
   It's probably of greater value to you in the sense of "wow, another jeep
book for my collection!" rather than a book that has information not available
in other books. It's quite similar to the Olyslager/Warne book; both good
sources of jeep information back in the '70s but very much superseded by later
offerings. I've seen it listed on internet bookshops for about 25 USD usually.

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au