Re: [MV] wrecker toy?

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 17:52:21 PST

mleaton@netins.net writes:

<< Sorry I forgot to put the link to see the picture on ebay.

 http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=533095069

I think toy is a misnomer. I believe that this is an assembled 1/32 scale
model of the M62 wrecker. This kit was originally issued by Renwal, and then
later reissued by Revell after they bought most of the Renwal tooling. It has
not been available for in any brand box for many years. I have a couple of
these models, as well as a real IH M-62. The kit is not particularly good,
but for many years it has been the only game in town for a G-744 series
truck. Recently (past couple of years), there has been a conversion resin
cab available to convert the Italeri model of the 900 series truck into a
representation of a G-744 5 ton.
Hope this helps,
David Doyle